John E. Lansche, Sr. has enjoyed a long career in C-Suite corporate law. Over the years he served as Associate General Counsel to Wells Fargo Corporation, Wachovia Corporation, First Union Corporation, Duke Energy Corporation, and Duke Power Corporation. Prior to his career in corporate banking and energy law, he served as Deputy Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Revenue and as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina. His practice has included matters surrounding all kinds of corporate litigation, including real estate law, environmental law, international law, business law and regulation, contracts, and intellectual property. John’s career has afforded him the opportunity to work extensively in Spain and Ukraine.
John has a long history of civic activism. While in Charlotte he served as President of a Kiwanis Club, a Civitan club, and three Homeowners Associations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Literacy Council of Buncombe County, the Board of Directors of HELIOS Warriors, an organization helping veterans cope with PTSD, and is a member of and the Asheville Breakfast Rotary Club.
His ecumenical service has included tenure as Deacon in the Presbyterian Church, as Senior Warden and Junior Warden in the Episcopal Church, and he was elected to the Diocesan Council of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina where he served with The Most Rev. Michael Curry, who is now Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church. He is now a member of Trinity Episcopal Church in Asheville. John is the father of two sons and has two grandchildren.
John is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill receiving an AB degree and a Juris Doctor degree from the UNC School of Law. He joined Ferikes & Bleynat in 2019 where he is Of Counsel. John brings his vast amount of experience to bear in the firm’s corporate litigation arena and facilitates much of the firm’s administrative needs.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, AB, 1966
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1969
- Associate General Counsel, Wells Fargo Corporation
- Associate General Counsel, Wachovia Corporation
- Associate General Counsel, First Union Corporation
- Associate General Counsel, Duke Energy Corporation
- Associate General Counsel, Duke Power Corporation
- Deputy Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Revenue
- Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeal, Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina State Bar, since 1969
- 28th Judicial District Bar, since 2018
- Mecklenberg County Bar Association, 1977-2018
- 26th Judicial District Bar, 1977-2018
- Wake County Bar Association, 1969-1977
- 10th Judicial District Bar, 1969-1977
- Board of Directors of the Literacy Council of Buncombe County
- Board of Directors of HELIOS Warriors
- Trinity Episcopal Church Member
- Asheville Breakfast Rotary Club Member
- President of a Kiwanis Club, Charlotte, NC
- President of a Civitan club in Charlotte, NC
- President of three Homeowners Associations
- Deacon in the Presbyterian Church
- Senior Warden and Junior Warden of St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, Charlotte
- Diocesan Council of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina